8 Modules of Breakthrough Leadership
9 Leadership Power Tools: The Sure Steps to Advance Your Career is a life-changing self-study online course that propels women like you to hold high aspirations and to offer no excuses. Here's what you will walk away with:
Module 1: Welcome and Course Information
- Getting to Know You: Know Your History Exercise
Module 2: What’s Power Got to Do With It? The Transformational Power Concepts
- Why women are not getting our fair share of leadership or compensation—but all the reasons we have the power in our hands to get them.
- Quantify your relationship with power.
- Culture, nurture, implicit bias, and what it does to your head and by extension its effects on your career journey if you don’t use these techniques to overcome it.
- Why transforming power is the key to leadership parity and your success.
Module 3: Self Definitional Power Tools 1-3
- Learn and practice applying the first three Leadership Power Tools (get a sneak peek at all of them below) with the help of downloadable exercises
- Power Tool #1: Know your history and you can create the future of your choice.
- Power Tool #2: Define your own terms first, before someone else defines you. The power of intention and gender bilingual communication are included in this important Power Tool.
- Power Tool #3: Use what you’ve got. What you need is always there if you have the wisdom to see it and the courage to use it. You’ll assess your own points of power and the power relationships you want to nurture.
Module 4: Counterintuitive Power Tools 4-6
- Power Tool #4: Embrace controversy and use its energy to propel your ideas forward.
- Power Tool #5: Carpe the chaos, for in chaos is always opportunity for innovative thinking.
- Power Tool 6: Wear the shirt of your convictions. Identify your most deeply held values and learn why people follow people who have a point of view.
Module 5: Change Leadership Power Tools 7-9
- Power Tool #7: Create a movement. Learn the 3 simple elements of how sustainable change is made. Network with Purpose to build the exact relationships you need to advance your career.
- Power Tool #8: Employ every medium. Polish up your self-presentation skills, analyze how media forms you as it informs you, and learn how you can become a thought leader.
- Power Tool #9: Tell your story. Your story is your power and your truth. No matter what your profession or leadership intention, your ability to help others see themselves in your story is key to accomplishing your goals.
Module 6: Fear Less, Negotiate More
- The three negotiating partners you must consider before you sit at the negotiation table.
- Learn negotiating tips from the experts at She Negotiates.
- Get access to the Close the Gap App™ to guide you through any negotiation large or small.
Module 7: Draft Your Strategic Leadership Action Plan
- Here’s the big payoff: Get your Strategic Leadership Action Plan template that you will be able to use throughout your career to achieve a goal or solve a problem.
- Identify your goal or problem and be guided through the steps to achieve them.
- Give and get feedback on your plan so you can ready it for action.
Module 8: Complete your Strategic Leadership Action Plan
- Share your refined plan with the group.
- Celebrate your accomplishments.
- Share and celebrate your overall takeaways from the course.
- Get your certificate of completion and a badge you can use on your LinkedIn profile to tell the world you have successfully completed this course and you are ready with your Power Tools and plan to reach your career intentions.